"999 call made in April"

About: Musgrove Park Hospital / Accident and emergency South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

I went to bed at ten pm a Saturday in mid April shivering during the night temperature moved through the roof, then experienced chest pains, i became very worried.

Both my father and brother died young of heart attacks. So during that night i ring 999, i was questioned 're symptoms. An ambulance arrived whilst still talking on the phone and i was then given a thorough examination by ambulance staff, who then transported me to Musgrove hospital a&e, where further tests were carried out.

Pneumonia was suspected so i was kept in hospital overnight and allowed home Sunday.

The whole experience although worrying. was carried out with great efficiency. I have nothing but the greatest admiration for the efficiency and professionalism throughout my whole experience and would thank everyone involved. best regards.

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Hi nacre

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I hope you are recovering well after what was, understandlably, a very worrying time.

It is always really rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to patients when they need it most. I will convey your story to our staff and managers who, I'm sure, will very much appreciate your comments.

Thank you, again.