" I complained to TRAQs to sort it out."

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

In February 2013 I had my annual eye test with John Biddle Wellington who recommended that I have a cataract operation. He contacted my doctor accordingly.

Some 4 weeks later I contacted the surgery who said it has been forwarded for action to the respective authority.

I was given the TRAQs phone number whom I contacted. They referred me back to my doctor as they had not received any letter of referral.

I contacted the doctor who informed that it had indeed been sent. Not wishing to become involved in a tennis match between the two parties I complained to TRAQs to sort it out.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to complete the patient opinion survey.

I am sorry that your experience of TRAQS appears to be slightly negative. TRAQS has no control on GPs forwarding referrals but can confirm that once it has been received by TRAQS will action it according to your GP's instructions. Once the referral has been processed we would contact you to offer choice of hospital if appropriate. You have not mentioned if your referral has now been dealt with by TRAQS, therefore if you would like to connect us on 01952 580441 a member of the team will be able help.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact TRAQS