"stark difference in care between Cannock and Stafford hospitals."

About: Cannock Chase Hospital Stafford Hospital

I worked at Stafford hospital prior to its shameful decline as well as extensive patient experience.

Due to the decline I used private services until about six weeks ago when I attended Cannock outpatients. The experience was more than equal to private sector care from the consultant down. The senior nurse in outpatients explained at frequent intervals if clinics were delayed. The x ray staff were superb and I was escorted by them to bloods, who intern helped me to cardiology. They all extremely polite and professional and there kindness and compassion flowed from every person and department.

However, one test had to be carried out the Stafford. The staff were disinterested to say the least. Reception staff were eating sweets constantly up and down to eat more. The whole time we were there they just chatted to each other, leaned back on chairs, yawned and showed no interest that patients were waiting long times.

The scan I had was carried by two males - I was told to take my trousers off with no privacy screen. I lay on the couch with no privacy sheet and the door was fully opened twice during the scan by another member of staff who was waiting for a lift home and was trying to hurry my scan up. As I left I realised that there were several members of the public who had witnessed me in just my pants. I felt that I had had my privacy violated and the incident has upset me greatly.

Stafford should look to Cannock for guidance.

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear "Cannock Supporter"

I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied when accessing this service at Stafford Hospital recently. I apologise for the fact that your experience was poor.

We really try hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive from our patients.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your experiences more fully and to apologise in person and would appreciate it if you would phone me on 01785 887693

Kind Regards