"Some concerns about A&E care"

About: St Thomas' Hospital / Accident and emergency

The trainee doctors and nurses were great but the stand in doctor was not. His English was poor, he had no empathy and told me I probably had a cold in my organs when in fact it was a bad kidney infection.

He discharged me from A&E when my temperature was too high, so the nurse had to call me back in to put me on a drip. The 'stand in' doctor also forgot to ask me if I was allergic to any medication and ticked 'no' on the prescription slip.

Once I got to the pharmacy dispensary, staff asked if I had any allergies and I did, so they weren't pleased with the doctor either.

Response from St Thomas' Hospital

We are sorry to hear about your concerns from your time in our department. We would like to investigate and discuss this with the staff involved to see what went wrong and ensure a similar situation does not occur in future. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@gstt.nhs.uk or by calling 020 7188 8801 so that we can take this further. Please also accept our apologies for the delay in replying to you but there have been problems with the Choices website.