"A professional and caring paramedic"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

My mother died in her sleep and we could not enter the property. (my dad was being cared for by her) we called 999 and Steve Wilson your paramedic attended.

Not only did Steve manage to enter the property through the smallest of windows but he then dealt with the unexpected death of my mother in the most professional and caring manner. I want you to be aware of the excellent support he provided and please thank him on behalf of all of the family.

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Dear Drummond

Please accept my condolences for the loss of your mother; I am particularly grateful for you taking the time to share your story with us during this time.

It is heartening to know that our staff are continuing to provide such good care to families during times like this. We know that it is important to remember that we are not only caring for a patient, but their family and friends also.

I will ensure that this story is shared with Steve so he is aware of your kind comments.

Thank you, again.