"Dental treatment at Integrated Dental Unit - London Road"

About: Specialist services / Integrated dental unit

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I was referred here by NHS Direct, after trying desperately to get in to a Dentist for 2 days. Even though they were very busy, they got me in to see a Dentist. The clinic was full and the staff all very professional.

I am very grateful this service is here for the people who can't get in to Doctors/Dentist. If it wasn't for here I for one wouldn't have known what to do next.

Apart from the waiting I had to do which I expected as I just dropped in with the hope of being seen, it was a lot less time it could of been.

The only thing I could add was it would of been nice to have the opportunity to have a hot drink. This is only a minor thing. I am just thankful and relieved to be seen.

Response from Jane Walker, Dental Nurse Manager, Integrated Dental Unit, County Health Partnerships

Thank you for your comments regarding the dental service at the Integrated Dental Unit.

As we are a Walk in Centre the wait times can vary but I am please that your wait was not too long. We do not have a provision for hot drinks but a cold water machine is available in the waiting room.

I will share your comments with our team.