"The New Beginnings group is a really good thing"

About: Primary Care Addiction Service Sheffield (PCASS)

(as a service user),

Bev and Claire started this group and it was a really good thing because I've realised I'm not the only person going through the situation, I am trying to get my children back home with me and staying stable in treatment.

Also being pregnant and hoping all goes well, was good to talk to people (other women) that are in similar situations.

I really hope this group could continue, there should be more of these type of courses.

Having childcare and taxis made it really easy!

Response from Margaret Kilner, Office Manager, Primary Care Addiction Service, Sheffield, Guernsey House

Thanks so much for your feedback - along with other outcome measurements, your feedback has been very valuable in evaluating the New Beginnings group.

I hope you have felt supported through the group and built new skills for recovery. It is really useful for us to find out what has worked welll in the treatment we provide.

We are very aware that childcare is often a barrier for mums and dads in accessing the full range of treatment options available and we have learnt that there are times when arranging a creche or activities for children is really worthwhile.

Make sure you speak to your keyworker about all of the options available to you and how we can help you to access them. There is a lot of enthusiasm for New Beginnings and we do plan to develop the group in the future.