"Meeting new mums in the same situation as me at the New Beginnings Group"

About: Guernsey House

(as a service user),

Started this new course for woman and children who are stable in their treatment and wanting to reduce. It gave us a chance to meet new mums with children of different ages that are in the same situation as you just at different stages.

It was three times a week 9am-2pm. It went a lot faster than expected and just as you were getting into the day it was time to go. The creche facilities were spot on and well needed so us mums could bond and share our lives historys with each other. I've met some smashing mums and some wonderful gorgeous kids.

The craft session and talking session with monkey helped to settle a few worries I have with reducing my methadone and then going into detox so I found that really helpful. Thanks.

We also went swimming on the last day and by this day we were all closer as friends between the mums and the key workers. Got everyones numbers and I'm sure I will be phoning everyone to make new arrangements,

Response from Ayesha Heaton, Service Manager, Guernsey House

Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback about this group. It is much appreciated. I will make sure that the staff involved see your comments.