"Impressed with Colchester Hospital"

About: Colchester General Hospital

Having read so many adverse reports about the NHS and lately about Colchester Hospital, I went in to Stanway Ward, as a day patient, for a GA and Gynae procedure, with some trepidation. I am 73yo.

I now, cannot praise Colchester Hospital enough - from the time I arrived at 10am until my discharge at 7.15pm I was treated with great care and kept fully informed of each step of the procedure. The ward was shining and clean and I had a "state of the art" bed!

The nursing staff were kind and effecient and I was visited by both the anaethetist and the gynaecologist before going to theatre.

In the recovery ward I was cared for by a member of staff who was outstanding - calmed me down with oxygen and talked me through the "coming around" stage, as I was somewhat jittery...

Back in Stanway ward I was constantly checked on and "fed and watered - plus much tea" and the staff were so kind to me.

Thanks to all concerned - I really appreciate your care.

Response from Colchester General Hospital

Many thanks for your comments and taking the time to submit them. We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive.