"I do not understand the point of TRAQs? "

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

Unfortunately I tried to rebook with consultant just outside 12 months from last appointment, so had to re-refer.

I do not understand the point of TRAQs? About 1 month after my appointment with doctor, someone rings me up to tell me referral has arrived, but they cannot book for me so will need to sent to hospital to book. It seems just an extra hoop in the process.

Response from Cathie McKenzie, Patient Advisor, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to complete the patient opinion survey.

I am sorry that your experience of TRAQS appears to be slighly negative. TRAQS receives your referral from your GP and will action the referral according to your GP's instructions. Once the referral has been processed we will then contact the patient and offer choice of hospital if appropriate. We will do our best to meet your needs but we cannot offer appointments at providers if there are no appointmetns available. TRAQS have no control over the availablitlity of lack of appointments at local providers, we do our best to manage your booking, but cannot be held responsible if hospitals do not have free appointments.

In the main TRAQS has received positive feedback, therefore I am slightly dissapointed but greatful for the time you took to post your comment,