"Getting an appointment with the GP of your choice is very difficult"

About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

(as a service user),

Getting an appointment with the GP of your choice is very difficult. Even getting your call answered is difficult. It seems that more and more people are being referred to the duty doctor. This makes it difficult to build up a rapport with one doctor, and in some cases being given conflicting advice.

Clinic 2: Shrewsbury Hospital

All the staff were polite, and explained what was to happen and when. The appointment was on time, the surgeon I saw was very professional and courteous. No complaints.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to comment following your recent referral via TRAQS. However, you do not comment on your experience of the booking process with the TRAQS Team. We hope it was a positive one and that the person you spoke to was able to deal with your call efficiently?

I am sure you appreciate that TRAQS cannot comment on your experience at your GP Practice.

However, I am pleased to note that your hospital experience was a positive one.

Thank you again for telling us about your referral.

Response from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I am really pleased to hear that you are happy with the service you received from us at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital. This sounds like the standard of service we aspire to offer everyone every time. I am also sorry to hear that your GP is difficult to contact and you find it hard to see the GP of your choice. We do not run GP services so I would encourage you to share this feedback with them direct, as from the information you have provided I am not sure where you are registered so please accept my apologies that I cannot send it on your behalf.