"A big thank you"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

I had both hips replaced at PEOC in September 2012 and Jan 2013 and, despite these being complex operations on poorly formed hips, the treatment, and after care on Tavy Ward, was first class. Appointments were kept, staff clearly explained what was going to happen and the ward staff took wonderful care of me. Even the food was good compared to previous hospital experiences.

My only reservation was poor communication about pain relief medication for the first operation, which was quickly rectified by the doctors and nurses once the problem was realised.

When I needed an urgent after care appointment this was arranged for the next working day, which I was very impressed with.

All in all a great hospital and first class staff.

Response from Patient Engagement & Experience Administrator, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for sharing your story. It is always so rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide excellent care to patients when they need it most.

If you wish to discuss anything please contact the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915.

Tracy

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for sharing your story and I am very sorry for the delay in replying back to you. If you still have any concerns, please call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915. Kind regards Tracy