"patient experience at Ladywell Unit."

About: Inpatient mental health care (Lewisham)

I was admitted to the triage ward in January. The staff spend most of their time in the office and seem to leave it rarely.

I was very distressed and one evening was self harming. Another patient saw (not nurse) and alerted the nurses. A nurse did come but seemed very angry and told me she was busy and didn't have time for this. When I asked (was in tears by this time) if she didn't have time for a patient who did she have time for, I was told she didn't have to answer me.

Response from Bill Berry, Patient Experience Manager, Patient Public Involvement Team Organisation and Community Directorate, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Nanny1967

Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience of using the Triage Ward in Lewisham. I am very sorry that you had such a poor experience. I will forward your post to the service and ask them to look into this for you. I will get back to you when I have a response. I hope this will only take a few days.

If you wish you can contact me directly on my mobile phone 07791152641 or email me at bill.berry@slam.nhs.uk

Bill Berry