"Ophthalmology for emergency treatment"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

I attended the Ophthalmology department at Russells Hall Hospital as an emergency appointment with extremely bloodshot eyes.

The nurses were kind, courteous and supportive and the doctors were professional, courteous and extremely good at telling me about both my care and what I needed to do.

They were quick, efficient and extremely thorough both in the initial appointment and follow up appointments. Everyone really put me at ease and reassured me.

Response from Alice Ford, Communications and Staff Engagement Officer, Communications and Patient Experience, The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your emergency appointment at our eye clinic. Good communication between patients and staff is an important priority, so it is wonderful to hear that you felt fully informed throughout your treatment. We will pass your lovely comments on to our team in Ophthalmology.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital