"Endoscopy Unit"

About: Airedale General Hospital

I came in yesterday morning for a Gastroscopy feeling nervous and a little anxious about the procedure. The staff were wonderful - friendly, helpful and reassuring from the minute I arrived. I was looked after by really great staff - a wonderful staff nurse (N.T) and Endoscopy HCSW (T.T.) who put me at ease during the procedure and I felt completely safe and comfortable under their care.

The Endoscopy Unit and its staff are a real credit to Airedale. I only had to wait a few minutes before I was greeted by my assigned nurse. I was in the unit for less than 2 hours including recovering from the sedation. All my questions were answered thoroughly and I felt my concerns were listened to. I felt safe and cared for at all times.

I would highly recommend Airedale Hospital. The staff turned what was a dreaded experience into a positive one - dare I even say pleasant! Thank you very much.

Response from Airedale General Hospital

Having such a procedure can be very worrying so we are very pleased that you were made to feel safe, comfortable and at ease. Thank you for sharing your positive experience.