"A very special nurse"

About: Hillingdon Hospital

My 6 year old granddaughter was taken to the Paediatric A&E at Hillingdon Hospital with suspected meningitis. She had a high temperature, was sickly and fractious with a chest rash.

The nurse was wonderful with her and, when my granddaughter had to have bloods taken, played games with her throughout the process. The 'line' had two mini teddy bears attached which, with the nurse's help, my granddaughter named Connor and Kayleigh. She was scared and crying, but the games helped her through and made her smile - the whole experience was so much better for her because of the kindness and empathy shown by this nurse.

She also kept my daughter in law fully informed with what was happening at all stages which was so much appreciated. As a family we would all like to say thank you to someone who we feel is a very special nurse.

Response from Hillingdon Hospital

Thank you for posting the comment on NHS Choices regarding your daughter's treatment in A&E and on the paediatric ward. We really appreciate feedback on the care we provide and are very pleased that you feel your daughter's treatment went so well. I hope she is well on the way to recovery. I will ensure that all the staff involved in your daughter's care are aware of your feedback. Thank you. Chris Mann - Matron Paediatrics