"Disappointed and quite disgusted"

About: North Manchester General Hospital

My son was asked to arrive for hand surgery as a day patient at 7.30am on 23rd April 2013 and some 7and 1/2 hours later has not been treated.

He has neither eaten or drank since 12 midnight, which in itself is appaling and shows a complete lack of organisation and a total disregard for patients needs and well being.

We are Bupa members and I'm sure had I gone down that route that the operation would have been one of the first on the surgeons list, this should not be necessary and I now know why I pay for private medical insurance and will use it at every opportunity in the future. You can rest assured that I will not be selecting any of the medical professionals that hold clinics at North Manchester General..

If this hospitals short comings are indicative of all health care trusts it is understandable that they get such bad press.

it would appear that you clearly have to be dying to get any attention!!!!!!

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comments regarding your son’s visit to the General Surgery department at North Manchester general Hospital.

If you would like us to investigate your concerns, please contact the Patients Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897.