"My mums care"

About: Russells Hall Hospital / Accident and emergency Russells Hall Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

My mother was taken to A+E in mid April 2013 with a broken leg. As they turned her over in bed at her care home, they heard her leg snap. I had heard so many bad things about the care of the elderly at R/H. I couldn't wait to get there as she couldn't hear, see, or speak and was 97 years old. Well I need not have worried so much as A+E and later ward B2 were so attentive to her, she was treated like a queen. Within a week, she had an operation to pin the leg and was back at the care home where she has lived for the past 25 years. So my grateful thanks to everyone who cared for her, feeding her making her drinks and making her comfortable.

Response from Alice Ford, Communications and Staff Engagement Officer, Communications and Patient Experience, The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your mother’s care. It is fantastic that we surpassed your expectations and succeeded in making sure your mother was well cared for.

We know how traumatic it can be when an elderly relative requires hospital treatment so we are glad we were able to make your mother’s stay in hospital comfortable.

We will pass your praise on to the team in our Accident and Emergency department and those on ward B2.

Response from Laura Broster, Head of Communications, NHS Dudley CCG

Really pleased to hear about your moms positive experience, thank you for taking the time to feedback. I will ensure that this is shared within our organisation. Best wishes, Laura.