"An extremely satisfied patient"

About: Wythenshawe Hospital

I was taken to A&E after suffering 2 sudden onset explosive headaches--l was very frightened!The staff were kind,approachable and very reassuring in A&E,explaining every procedure in detail.I was admitted to A8--the acute assessment unit where l stayed for 3 days while numerous tests and scans were carried out--no stone was left unturned and the tests eventually showed that l had nothing sinister which was really reassuring.The ward staff,doctors and consultant were kindness itself---nothing was too much trouble and they made a scary time a lot more bearable.Over a period of 40years l,ve been admitted to Wythenshawe 5 times---4 times to maternity to have my children and once for a gynaecological procedure and l have also been in with one of my children who was very ill for 7 days and each time we received the best possible attention and care and l have to say that friends and relatives of ours that have spent time in Wythenshawe are also full of praise.My husband is going through a barrage of tests at the moment to prepare him for a heart valve replacement and we have complete trust in the hospital and know we will get the highest standard of treatment.We cannot thank the staff and hospital enough---we're just so grateful that we have the very best hospital on our doorstep because we wouldn't ever want to go anywhere else!

Response from Wythenshawe Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the NHS Choices Website. Your comments have been forwarded to staff in A&E and A8 , who I know are always appreciative when a patient gives such positive feedback.

The Patient Experience Department