"Non appearance"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Kirklees integrated community equipment service (KICES)

On 22nd April I arrived at my mother's house in Mirfield to be there to receive delivery of equipment essential to help her return home after a major ankle operation.

I was there as instructed before 9am (I live in Teesside) but nobody had appeared by 4pm, over an hour after the latest expected delivery time we were given. Appalling and it now leaves my mum and her social workers to try to find a different delivery solution. How utterly shameful this service experience was.

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Dear Wheldrake

Thank you for taking the time to tell your story on Patient Opinion. Firstly may I apologise for the late response and secondly I am really sorry you were let down by the equipment store especially when you had travelled such a distance and waited for the whole of the day. I hope your mum has made a full recovery and I can assure you I will investigate why the equipment never turned up leaving your social worker to arrange at the last minute.

Apologies again