"I really appreciated the short waiting time"

About: Community Health Services / Community physiotherapy

Having had acute tennis elbow I asked my GP for a physiotherapy referral. I did this as previously physio had been so effective in controlling lower back pain. I really appreciated the short waiting time prior to an appointment being able to choose the location.

My physiotherapist listened to my problems with tendons in both elbows (how if affected my work to housework). She checked out all related parts of my body. Then she explained why this was occurring and told me which bits she would work with.

She explained my exercises and wrote them down so I wouldn't forget. She checked I could do them correctly and arranged a review for in a month.

Since then, I have had 2 reviews to check on my program and to 'fine tune' the exercises. I am 80% better and very grateful for all the advice and support. But - beware - physio is not magic - only if patient can do the exercises. You must have the self discipline needed to continue them, otherwise you are wasting time and money and your physio's experience. Thank you.

Response from Kelly Owen, PALS Officer, Patient Advice Liaison Service, Community Health Services at 5 Boroughs NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Isle956,

Many thanks for posting your comments in appreciation of the service you recieved.

The physiotherapy staff concerned will be pleased to hear about your experience.

Kind regards,