"Staff are amazing!!"

About: Barnsley Hospital

Was admitted on the 16th for a broken ankle, the staff are amazing and even the hospital porters wrapped me up in blankets and made me laugh! I was put on a ward with two other elderly ladies and slept perfectly. Everything was explained throughout and my best interests considered. The food was fine (it's not a restaurant) and the nurses extremely attentive before and after my surgery. I was upset to leave 2 days later due to the peace and quiet!!

Everyone I've spoken to about Barnsley hospital seems to have something bad to say, but it really is great & I'm from Sheffield but will be returning to Barnsley !

Response from Jill Pell, Head of Patient Experience, Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to give this really positive feedback on your recent care - your comments will be passed on to our staff and I know they will be delighted to hear your positive story.

If you would like to have more information on opportunities for involvement at our hospital please contact our PALS team on 01226 432430 or email: barnsleypals@nhs.net.

Response from Barnsley Hospital

Thank you for providing your feedback on NHS Choices. We are delighted you had such a positive experience of care.