"Generally excellent and caring treatment."

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

I was admitted through A & E with a blood disorder. The problem was fairly quickly diagnosed and treatment decided upon. Overnight spent in emergency assessment ward, then transferred to general ward late the next day as no bed available on haemotology ward. Confusion at handover lead to delay in administering emergency treatment, but evetually given.

Care on Marlowe Ward was thereafter exemplary; two night stay, and discharge arrangements dealt with efficiently, if delayed whilst waiting for medication.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback, and I am glad that you were happy with the service we provided.

I have noted the delays and we will do our best to address the issues. We have a great team on Marlowe ward, and they have really helped us out during a difficult few weeks for the hospital.

Hope you are recovering well.

Response from Kent & Canterbury Hospital

I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with regard to your transfer and that this led to a delay in treatment for your. This will be recorded onto our database and reported back to the division responsible for your care to use as a tool for improvement. Your kind comments with reagard to the care you received on Marlow ward are greatfully received as they too are an equally important tool for staff to learn and this will be fedback to the staff on Marlow Ward. I would like to wish you well and hope that you are on the road to recovery.