"Appreciation for A&E"

About: Warwick Hospital

I write to express my appreciation and thanks for the treatment I received during a short emergency stay at Warwick Hospital. On 24 March I dislocated a previously replaced hip and had to be picked up by ambulance from home. The ambulance arrived within about 15 minutes, and the excellent paramedics quickly dealt with the pain and I was soon in A and E where x-rays were speedily undertaken. A doctor carefully explained the procedure for relocating the joint which was achieved without pain. It was decided to keep me at the hospital overnight and I was moved to Guy Ward. My companions were elderly men who were all in some distress, thus presenting a considerable challenge to the Ward staff throughout the night. I was impressed by patience and kindness shown at a time of many conflicting demands. During the following morning I was examined and helped by two physiotherapists who arranged for various pieces of equipment to be delivered to my home before my arrival. Shortly before my departure the ward experienced a peak of activity - new patient, arrival of food, drugs distribution, physiotherapy etc. I was especially impressed by the team work and cooperation displayed by the staff. This seemed to me to be evidence of good systems and procedures and excellent staff morale. I am very grateful.

Response from Warwick Hospital

We are delighted to read your positive comment about the level of care you received during your visit to A&E. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, it is sincerely appreciated and I will pass on your comments to the staff in A&E.