"Elmstead Day Unit"

About: Colchester General Hospital

I attended the Day Unit for a colonoscopy. The treatment I received was exemplary from the courtesy with which I was received in the department to the nurses and doctor involved in the procedure. I was extremely nervous as my last colonoscopy had been painful but this time all went very well.

When I was ready to go home my wife was telephoned and I was given a detailed report of the procedure. All this in under two hours.

I have previously had a colonoscopy in a private hospital but can honestly say my treatment on this occasion was better, very impressive.

I attended on a Saturday.

Response from Colchester General Hospital

Many thanks for your comments and taking the time to submit them. We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive.

We have a quarterly At Our Best Awards scheme which recognises staff achievements and thanks them for what they do. It has a team category, an individual and a volunteer category.

You could enter the team/the person you were kind enough to write in about, by clicking here! http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/At_Our_Best_Awards