"Cared for medically and as a person"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Ophthalmology

I had an eye clinic appointment this morning. As usual I felt full of nerves wondering what the doctor was going to say about my eye. I'd had a long journey to get to the hospital too.

The nurse who did my sight test was so friendly - we chatted about a film we'd both seen - & he made me feel so welcome.

I saw a doctor who I'd never met before. He was polite, introduced himself & was very attentive throughout the whole consultation - 1st class! He explained to me about my eye and gave time for me to ask questions. He even opened the door for me as I left. Not only did I feel cared for medically I felt recognised as a person.

First class service all round! And I left the hospital only an hour after my appointment time.

I hope my thanks will be passed to both the nurse and the doctors on duty. Thank you

Response from Jessica Haggett, Patient Experience Officer, Communications, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

Thanks so much for getting in touch. It will mean a lot to our colleagues in the eye clinic who looked after you to get such positive feedback.