"6 day stay for chest infection"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General medicine

I had a nasty chest infection and was admitted to Charlwood ward.

My care from the nursing team was amazing, they are all kind and even when rushed off their feet gave the time needed.

Hospital is a scary time when you're ill and don't know what's going on. Again the nursing team were brillant helping and supporting me. The whole team should be told how great they all are on the ward, as most the time they probably just hear the bad bits.

A big thank you to all xx

Response from Eloise Clarke, Communications Manager, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear 'rock'

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at East Surrey Hospital. It always brightens my day when I read such glowing reports from patients - especially first thing on a Monday morning! I will happily pass on your comments. We make a point of ensuring all the ward staff hear of the comments on Patient Opinion - the good and the bad - this is one way that we learn and continue to improve. Did you receive a 'Your care matters' survey card when you left the hospital? Your feedback from this survey is also very useful for helping us understand what patients experience on our wards, so please complete the survey if you can.

Thanks again,