"No smoking site signs seem a waste of money."

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

I am sick and tired of leaving maternity appointments to clouds of smoke from both patients and visitors at the hospital entrance. It would seem the 12ft sign saying 'no smoking site' was a complete waste of money and I am yet to see anyone being challenged on their smoking. What a lovely first impression my new born will receive of the outside world when I take him home for the first time.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent maternity appointments at Univeristy Hospital North Durham.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhapppy with your appointments on this occasion, due to a number of patients and visitors smoking at the hospital entrance.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you. If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Experience Team on 0800 7835774. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is patient.experience@cddft.nhs.uk

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: -

Patient Experience Team

Darlington Memorial Hospital

Hollyhurst Road

Darlington

County Durham

DL3 6HX

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team