"Excellent care"

About: Castle Hill Hospital

Having just returned home after undergoing a right thyroid lobectomy on April 10th. I feel I must comment on the excellent care which I received during my short stay on Ward 16. During my time there, I was treated with respect, cared for by a superb team of Doctors & nurses, always being informed and updated on treatment etc. After the initial surgery, it was discovered that I had some bleeding from the thyroid bed which unfortunately made it necessary to be taken again into theatre for this to be addressed, which was done with great speed and efficiency; this time through another Consultant who orchestrated this second session.

I know that the NHS has attracted some bad press recently and maybe there is good reason for it but I have to say that I experienced nothing but great skill, great care and for this I will ever be for ever grateful to all the staff involved in my case. Thanks to you all!

Tony Rose (Ward 16 & room 27)

Response from Jackie Wileman, PALS Officer, Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Many thanks for adding your comment to the Patient Opinion website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of these.

If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose.

For more information please either email your.nhs@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on (01482) 675165.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk as we are always striving to improve our patients experience.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local services.

Response from Castle Hill Hospital

Thank you for leaving your feedback on NHS Choices.