"My 4 year old is still waiting for surgery."

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

In December 2012 I was told my daughter would need gromits and her adenoids out.I was told I would only be waiting 2 months. Still hadn't heard anything so I phoned up after a few months to be told she was on the waiting list and it will be in April. Knowing how badly the hospitals are at keeping appointments I phoned up the following month and was told again yes it will be in April.

Today I phoned up as still haven't heard anything to be told she will have to wait until may/june as they need a specialist aneasthetist as she's only 4. She has been 4 since the operartion was decided. I am very angry and upset as I feel my daughters development is suffering. This whole process regarding tests etc started last march 2012.

When I actually get through to the department I feel that I am being pasified. From reading other reviews I see that I am not the only one who is dissatisfied with the service.

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Thankyou for your posting your comments Melissa and please accept my apologies in not getting back to you sooner. Please also accept my apologies for what appears to be a lengthy wait for your daughters operation. It would be very helpful if you could send me your daughters details and I can look into her case personally. Once I have done this I can ensure that you receive an appointment, that is, if you haven’t already received one. Kind regards Dale Travis CBU Manager dale.travis@uhl-tr.nhs.uk