"urology outpatients appointment"

About: Diana, Princess Of Wales Hospital

husband had to attend this department appointment for 2.40pm. Still waiting at 5.30. Consultant then came out of room and promptly left!!!! . Going home as he had his jacket and his case with him. At 6pm i eventually found a nurse who asked who we were. After giving his name, and also pointing out the length of time we had been waiting she headed towards the said room I pointed out to her that she was wasting her time as he had gone, and left us sitting there. Now i would not have sat there all this time personally, but this was my husband and he really needed to be seen. We eventually saw someoe at 6.35pm and from the off he really did not know anything about my husbands condition or have the results of his scans (he has a tumour on his kidney). This consultation was to arrange his operation and susequent treatment. My husband eventually became annoyed at the whole fiasco and told them that he would not consider letting this place anywhere near him, anf he now has had a taste of just how bad this hospital is. and the consultant should do the job he is paid very well to do IE consult with his patients not leave them sitting there. Suffice to say my husband has refused to go back there and he is now under the care of a lovely consultant based at Nottingham university hospital. Reccommended by our GP.

Response from Diana, Princess Of Wales Hospital

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your experience, I'll be sure to pass your comments on to the urology department. You are welcome to contact our PALS team on (01472) 875403.

Sarah Mainprize