"Patient comforts"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

(as a volunteer/advocate),

Tales from the Tea Trolley

Below are more stories collected from the ladies on Rowan 2 during the volunteers' visit with the tea trolley.

"Some ladies come here with nothing that lady there has only got the stuff that she stands in, that skirt and top, she sleeps in it as well. At the QMC you get a Patient Pack that contains shampoo and comb that sort of thing but here you get nothing. It’s inhumane. "

"It’s definitely cleaner here than QMC but you get nothing when you arrive. "

"Suite 312 at the QMC get free shower packs, why can’t we? "

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you received no products to help you when you arrived on the ward which I realise can be a distressing time.

I believe this has now changed since you raised the issue.

I will share your posting with the staff on Rowan 2 and ask them to reply and keep you updated with changes. We want to be responsive to feedback and it's good that you were given the opportunity to share your opinions on the ward. The tea trolley feedback session is something that people value as its a time to share and let staff know how things can be improved.

Thank you for raising this as it is important that we treat people with dignity and respect at all times

Response from Involvement Team , Involvement & Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust We have made a change

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm glad to tell you, we now have some products which we can give to patients who do come in without basic necessities, which I realise can be extremely distressing. The care and environment co-ordinator monitors these products and informs me when supplies are running low, so that they can be replenished.

We are glad you have been able to voice your concerns and suggestions and we have been able to make a change as a result.

Ruth Warren