"Flexible sigmoidoscopy"

About: Southampton General Hospital

I recieved this test yesterday . I had been concerned that I would not find out whether I really needed steroids or not. My fears were not necessary . Despite it being a busy Saturday morning the staff were all making tremendous efforts to jump through the hoops set by management and still give a 100% service to pateints. The doctor was extremely caring and explained my condition fully to me, in a most caring manner. They were meticulous in exmaining me and in respecting my dignity, answered all my questions and at no point made me feel like I was being rushed. I do not believe I could have had anything done any better.

the nursing staff were most caring and compassionate also taking the time to explain everything fully to me. It was all very swift , clean and most surprisingly not embarrasing at all.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave this very positive feedback about your experience and we are very pleased to hear that all the staff were meticulous, compassionate and caring. This will be passed on to the team who will be most appreciative.