"Appalled at caring from staff at A&E North Norfolk..."

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

On the 13/04/13 Saturday night I collapsed at home in the bathroom and hurt my neck,I collapsed due to severe pain in my only remaining left kidney,my right kidney was taken out July 2012-

I have suffered with chronic kidney pain and frequent kidney infections for the past six years-

Any way the care given was appalling,I was given no pain relief-no anti-sickness even though I explained that I had been sick eight times in the course of four hours-being sick so many times was making the pain much worse r

I was then discharged with anti-bio-tics,I then had to pay £40 to get home by taxi,then I vomited in the taxi car and had to pay the £50 penalty for being sick-If the doctor had simply given me anti-sickness such costs would not of occurred-

The staff were very very abrupt and unkind and very unhelpful.When I got home I cried myself to sleep because of the pain and being traumatized.

To be honest I felt dead inside,I no longer trust the medical services and now know next time I collapse I Will not get any help-next time I have lost faith in humanity.

Yours

Sincerely

Leyla.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at A&E and your comments have been passed to the Matron for that service. You would be welcome to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on pals@nnuh.nhs.uk