"TRAC-ridicoulous to have a referal system like this when theres nothing to refer us to."

About: Derriford Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics Tamar Referral & Appointments Centre

I got referred to the Tamar Referal treatment centre. Great Hospital, great treatment. However the doctor felt it best to refer me straight back to Derriford (which I think is the biggest joke in South West) and now I've been waiting just over 4 Weeks for an appointment in extreme discomfort and pain which debilitates me.

It's my foot that I am being referred for and as a woman in her early 20s I never imagined NHS services would leave me unable to lead a normal life for so long, for no reason.

This isn't your fault but its ridiculous to have a referral system like this when there's nothing to refer us to. May as well go to A&E.

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good morning

I am sorry to read that you are having problems obtaining an appointment at Derriford Hospital and that there appear to be no slots available for the team at TRAC to offer. I do understand your frustration and I would be very happy to speak to you in order that I can seek advice on your behalf and sort matters to your satisfaction.

I can be contacted on 01752 439751 or via PALS on 01752 439884