"A&E, Emergency Assessment Unit & Emergency Short Stay"

About: Broomfield Hospital / Accident and emergency Broomfield Hospital / General medicine

I am diabetic and after struggling to get my blood sugars up my Husband took me to A&E. I was seen within 5 minutes of being 'checked in'

Within minutes of me seeing the nurse I was sick and had awful tummy pains. I was taken to a private room. Pretty soon after the D&V became much more severe. I was put on a drip and heart monitor etc and move to a the EAU.

Although the first couple of nights were terribly noisy and I was being woken every hour for tests and obs, the care I received was brilliant. I couldn't fault any of the staff. I was treated with dignity and kindness.

My husband was unable to come and visit me on the first day so I was all alone. The nurses were lovely and always asked if there was anything they could get me or do for me as I was unable to get up and about. Nothing was too much trouble.

Response from Jonathan Wright, Patient Experience & Voluntary Services Manager, Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust

Thank you for posting on the care you received whilst with us. We are aware that nighttimes on wards can be noisy especially on EAU and have a Sssh Campaign running on wards to remind staff to keep noise to a minimum.

I will forward the comments to Ward Sister so she can share with the team.