"First class treatment"

About: Southend Hospital

On Thursday I had to go to Southend Hospital as I had a bad pain in m side. I got to A&E and within 5 minutes taken to Triage. 10 minutes later I was in a bed in a bay waiting for the Doctor to see me. I had suspected appendicitis and was admitted to the SAU or Chalkwell ward. In this very busy ward I was treated so well and was welcomed and looked after by the amazing, helpful and cheerful staff. They really were the most wonderful people. I was then transferred to Hockley Ward where the treatment was just the same. The Surgeons and theatre staff made me feel safe and relaxed.

I have been in hospital before over in West Middlesex and have to say they have a lot to learn from the staff at Southend NHS University Hospital. My mother was in Ealing hospital and her care was so poor that I had to write to my local MP to help.

I have just moved to the area and feel very confident knowing that this well run, immaculate, clean, friendly and professional hospital is a 5 minute drive away.

A huge thanks to the staff from admittance to release. You are total stars

Response from Steve McEwen, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Liaison, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear lesley Ross,

many thanks for your feedback. I was truly pleased to learn of your experience and I have passed this to the teams involved and I am sure that they will appreciate your thanks and kind words.

I hope you are making a good recovery.

Response from Southend Hospital

I was very pleased to hear of your positive experience. I have passed your thanks on to the teams involved and wish you well with your recovery.