"Planned sinus operation"

About: Halton Hospital

Staff were wonderful , all areas clean and well kept . Was disappointed I was scheduled 5th on the list but that was changed. I was asked to arrive at 7.30am with nothing to eat after midnight. I never went to theatre until 2.45pm returning at 5.30pm so I had nothing to eat or drink until the evening, this left me anxious starving and very thirsty plus on the ward was a lovely 87 year old lady who waited longer than me who was very distressed!! Not very good . Cannot believe nursing is mainly paperwork and cleaning / changing beds whilst completing observations. A great job done by everyone on ward b4 these nurses work so hard the hospital should be very proud as they cope well with the challenges thrown at them. I did observe tension between departments though mainly theatre moaning no nurses available to collect me and complaining porters not available which a felt was not a very professional attitude.

Response from Halton Hospital

Thank you for your comments on the service at the hospital and your observations which we have sent on to the teams at the hospital. We've passed on your thanks which are very gratefully accepted.