"Fantastic care provided by Kingswood and Linford..."

About: Basildon University Hospital

My 83 year old mother was taken to Hospital as an Emergency at the end of February. She was treated as a priority as I expected and eventually ended up at Linford Ward. My mum stayed there until after her intestinal operation following which she was transferred to Kingswood Ward. She is now recovering extremely well at home and almost back to her old self.

I can only say I was expecting horrors following all the adverse press on Basildon Hospital; I could not have been more wrong!

My mother received a very high standard of care with nursing and support staff being excellent providers of care.

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff in these wards as well as the surgical staff who explained everything clearly and took their time to speak to us. Well done Basildon Hospital and staff!

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We have noticed that a number of comments posted on the NHS Choices some time ago did not receive a posted response from the Trust, for which we offer our sincere apologies.

We would like to assure you that at the time your comments were posted they were shared with the relevant departments.

Feedback from patients and/or their relatives/carers is always welcomed (negative or positive) whether it is showing appreciation for the care and treatment received or expressing concerns or offering suggestions to improve practices at the hospital.