"Blood test - phlebotomy Department"

About: Gravesham Community Hospital

My 15 year old son had blood taken at the sit and wait centre in Gravesend hospital. He was a bit of a wimp and fainted. The staff were amazing, they were so attentive and caring, they made him comfortable, gave him a drink and cooled him down with the fan. They made sure he was completely recovered before we left the unit and even took the trouble to find out where I was parked sitting him in reception while I brought the car round.

The NHS gets a lot of bad press and you often only hear the negative comments so I am very happy to give praise to the very caring and professional staff in the phlebotomy department at Gravesend hospital, well done and thank you.

Response from Karen Edmunds, Head of Patient Experience and Public Engagement, Engagement Team, Kent Community Health NHS Trust

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your son's recent experience at Gravesham Community Hospital. I'm pleased that the staff were so helpful and thoughful and I'll make sure that your comments are shared with the team there.

If you need further information about our services or want to give feedback you can contact our Customer Care Team kcht.cct@nhs.net or ring them on 0300 123 1807. Information about all of our services is on our website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk. If you would like to support your local NHS community services you can become a Foundation Trust member. This is free and you can join via our website.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback - it's really appreciated.

Response from Gravesham Community Hospital

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. A lot of people find having a blood test makes them feel nervous or faint. It's good to know that you felt our staff responded in an attentive and caring way. We hope your son has recovered from his experience. Best wishes Customer Care Team Kent Community Health NHS Trust Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk