"Communication, staffing levels, parking."

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

There appears to be a clear lack of communication between specialisations, and occasionally on shift handover. Poor, sometimes incomplete, inaccurate at times records. The hospital still seems to paper driven. Staffing levels appear to be inadequate at peak times.

The difficulty in parking is having a detrimental effect on outpatients. The traffic queues also impede public transport and ambulances.

No complaints about "coalface" staff, and their interaction with patients,except were staffing levels have an impact.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. I am sorry to hear you feel there is a lack of clear communication in some circumstances and that record keeping is poor. I would need more details from you to pinpoint the areas we could improve upon. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Parking at the hospital can be difficult at peak times and we do encourage patients, wherever possible, to use public transport to reduce the volume of traffic entering the hospital site. This is an ongoing challenge but one that we are constantly looking to improve.

I will pass your comments on to the relevant teams. Thank you once again for providing your feedback.

Suzanne Brooker