"City Hospital Cardiology Short Stay Unit"

About: City Hospital campus / Cardiology

When told I had to have a short stay in hospital, I was filled with dread after seeing the treatment received by family and friends also the treatment I've received myself in the past.

What a shock! I spent a day and a half in the Cardiology short stay unit, it was brilliant. Every member of staff I came into contact with including nurses, cleaners and doctors treated me like a person and had time to explain and put my mind at rest. The ward etc was spotless.

I cannot express highly enough what a wonderful team you have there. If the rest of the City Hospital is half as good as this unit, I will elect to be treated at the City Hospital ahead of my local hospital, Derby City or Chesterfield Royal.

I would like you to pass my comments to all the staff and upwards to managers etc

A very happy patient

Response from Jessica Haggett, Patient Experience Officer, Communications, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

Thank you for such kind comments. It’s great to hear you felt safe and reassured throughout your care. I will of course ensure your feedback is shared with the relevant colleagues.