"If you want fertility tested............."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

Last October, after trying for a baby for 18 months, my doctor (who i cannot fault) suggested that maybe it was time for a semen test to be carried out. I was given a list of hospitals that I could contact. Nearest one was Lincoln. First thing i will say is that a 3 month wait just to supply a sample for testing just doesn't cut it. 3 months! And this is normal! Tried the other hospitals and got the same time scale. Booked an appointment for end of January which was kept. I contacted my doctors surgery late March, only to be informed that they hadn't received any test results and that it wasn't at all uncommon! It's now creeping towards the middle of April and still nothing. As i said totaly unaccpetable in this day and age.

When I lived in Somerset health care was great. results back with in less than two weeks and certainly no 3 month waiting. Lincolnshire might as well as be back in the stone age.

Thank you for telling us about your experience; I have passed this onto the team at Lincoln County to find out about usual and expected waiting times for tests and results for you and will come back to you as soon as I can.

Response from Lincoln County Hospital