"First hospital visit aged 49!!"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

Having only visited hospital to have my children previously I certainly made up for it a few weeks ago!!

I stayed 11 days following a trip by ambulance to A and E.

On the whole I felt I was treated very well by our NHS.

I sampled various departments during my stay - A and E, womens unit, short stay surgical, general ward B6.

I was very impressed to have a choice of menu during my stay and only 1 meal could be described as inedible - everything else was well above average.

Most staff were pleasant just one or two who lacked compassion. I was disappointed that I did not classify many as smartly dressed or wearing their uniform with pride - some were very scruffy!

Levels of cleanliness were very good. On one ward the cleaner was very fastidious whereas on another she just 'tickled' round.

I was amazed at the number of different uniform colours and found it took me a while to work out who each colour was. Different nurses wearing the same uniform also seemed to have different levels of training e.g some could insert/remove canulas whilst others could not which was confusing.

Since being discharged I have continued to make a good recovery but would like to extend a big thank you to the staff of Stepping Hill - be proud to work for our NHS!

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment and for your positive comments. I would certainly be interested in hearing from you in relation to those areas which were not as good as others, as constructive feedback is an essential tool in improvement. If you are happy to contact us please use reference "Anon11/4/13", you can either email pcs@stockport.nhs.uk or telephone 0161 419 5678. I hope you continue to have a speedy recovery.

With regards