"admission to Acute medical Unit"

About: Southampton General Hospital

I really didn't want to be admitted to hospital but my GP from Chawton House, Lymington and the consultant at SGH felt it necessary. They both listened to my concerns and as a result I was able to go in for just a day and a half with the necessary tests and investigations done within that time. I was admitted to Acute medical Unit at Southampton and was given an isolation room because of my condition. During my stay all staff were very helpful and I was checked on every half hour by somebody even though the unit was really busy. Food and drink was readily available and the care and attention to my needs and concerns was without compare. The doctor even went to the trouble of phoning my consultant at Addenbrookes Hospital to discuss things with them. As far as I'm concerned this was a perfect match of communication between patient, primary care and secondary care. It made a very traumatic period in my family's life more than bearable and we can't thank you all enough. Please pass on our thanks as a family to all concerned.

Response from Southampton General Hospital

I am so pleased that your care was tailored to and met your needs resulting in a positive experience at such a difficult time. Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us. We will pass on your family's thanks as requested.