"Colonoscopy for bowel cancer screening"

About: Frenchay Hospital / Gastroenterology Weston General Hospital / General surgery

I cannot speak more highly of the treatment that I was given all the way through my procedure from diagnosis of the requirement to have the colonoscopy to the completion of the investigation. At every stage of the process I was given a clear understanding of why the procedure was needed to how everything would be taking place.

The wait for the colonoscopy to begin (after I had been prepared in a small individual room) was the only delay in the whole process, and taking into account all emergencies that can happen in a very busy hospital I was quite understanding of this situation (and anyone who cannot accept this should consider paying for private treatment).

Thank you very much for a caring service, Frenchay and the Bowel Cancer Screening Program.

Response from Weston General Hospital

Thank you very much for your kind words and that we have been able to support you. I have passed your comments on to our clinical teams. We are always looking at ways in which we can improve the facilities and service at Weston General Hospital, please do let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions.