"Top quality care for my bunion"

About: Holme Valley Memorial Hospital / Day surgery

I got tranfered to Holme Valley for my bunion to be removed under local anaesthestic.

I was booked in at the end of Oct 2012, had my BP checked and then was asked how I felt. The nurses were so helpful and kind and I felt so relaxed from start to finish.

I had my local in my foot and had to wait for it to take effect, all the time the nurse was making sure I wasn't in pain and I was comfy. During the operation the high standard of care carried on I was told how the op was going and what stage they were at.

After the op I was taken to recovery and same again, the care was top of the chart. The following day I even got a call asking how I was and if I was in pain and if I needed help in any way just to ring and tell them.

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Hi kirk

Thank you for your positive comments about your experience at the Holme Valley Memorial Hospital with regards to your bunion surgery. I am pleased that you found the staff helpful and I will pass on your thoughts to the whole team who will be delighted.

The Team HVMH