"Care and professionalism from paramedics"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / NHS 111 South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Patient transport service (PTS)

Towards the end of March I was taken ill at home that evening and had to call 111 who sent an ambulance to our home.

I had been under a local GP for about three weeks for a lung infection. I wasn't getting any better, worse in fact. until I finally collapsed on that evening.

On arrival the paramedics examined me and said my lungs were not infected. He then asked if I had any other problems. I said my leg swelled a bit. He checked my leg and said he was sure I had DVT and they were taking me to Poole hospital, where after about an hour they confirmed they were right.

I spent the next 8 days in hospital.

I would be grateful if you could pass on thanks to Dennis and John (that's all I know) for the way they treated me that night with care, professionalism and dedication.

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Hi Tommy 9

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I hope you are feeling better.

It is always really good to hear how our staff are continuing to deliver excellent care to patients when they need it most. I will share your comments with Dennis and John, and with our managers. I am sure that they will really appreciate your comments.