"My experience-the same sex question is silly as it..."

About: Addenbrooke's Hospital

My gp referred me with 2 moles. After a bit of confusion and stressing my point at the appointment stage I got an appointment in less than a week. I was seen by a lady doctor. At 9.30 for the 9.00 appointment and she passed my over to another doctor after a short wait and a mole was removed and a biopsy taken on the other. In less than 2 weeks the doctor phoned me twice, the second at 7pm to say all was well. Well done - other than the appointments system where a less determined patient may not have prevailed it was a good experience. Alexander murdoch

Response from Lee Bennett, Head of Patient Liaison, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your comments. We were pleased to note the quality of care and service you received from the Dermatology Department. We were sorry to learn of problems with the Appointments System.

I am sharing your comments with the Dermatology Department and will add some further information here when it becomes available to me. In the meantime I am sure all concerned were sorry to learn of the difficulties you encountered.

Response from Addenbrooke's Hospital

We were pleased that your experience was mostly positive - the exception being the appointments process. There have been some changes to the way we book some outpatient appointments and it may be that these changes came in at the time of your referral. We certainly hope that these changes are now embedded and that other patients have experienced the same problems as you. I will of course make sure the Dermatology team are aware of your kind words about the medical care you received.