"helpful and informative"

About: Tameside General Hospital

I recently had an appointment at Tameside hospital cardiology department I saw a consultant he was so nice and respectful he explained the two procedures which I could have and between us chose the best one for me, the rest of his staff were equally as professional. thank you all.

Response from Peter Denton, Healthwatch Manager, Healthwatch Tameside

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is good to hear that things went well for you.

Healthwatch is independent of the NHS and we have two main roles. One is to develop and provide an information signposting service to help people to choose the right care for them. The other is to gather and analyse patient experiences so we can identify and influence changes in services when they are needed.

Your story might be useful to someone trying to decide which hospital to choose for their cardiology appointments.

If you would like to find out more about us please visit www.healthwatchtameside.co.uk

Response from Tameside General Hospital

I am sorry we have only just responded to your comment but I would like to thank you for your positive comments and feedback you have given our hospital it is great to receive such good praise. You can be assured this will be passed onto the Cardiology department. Thank you again for choosing to be treated at our hospital. Kind regards John Goodenough ’Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at john.goodenough@tgh.nhs.uk